As many know, InstallShield Limited Edition is now incorporated into every copy of Visual Studio 2010 as a result of an exciting technology partnership between Microsoft and Flexera.
InstallShield also now offers the following new redistributables for technology improvements that were made available through Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1:
- InstallShield prerequisites for .NET Framework 4.0 Update KB2468871 (Full and Client versions)
- InstallShield prerequisites for Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Packages
- Merge modules for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 VC++
If your product requires any of these technologies, you can add these redistributables to your InstallShield projects.The redistributables are available from the following KB articles:
- Q212592 (for the Premier and Professional editions of InstallShield)
- Q212595 (for the Express edition of InstallShield)
You can use these InstallShield prerequisites and merge modules in InstallShield 2011, as well as in earlier versions of InstallShield.
Finally, please take the opportunity to view our webinar to learn more about best practices for building reliable Windows MSI installers inside the Visual Studio 2010 interface.
Thank you and please feel free to post your feedback.